Fresher Resume - A brief guide
Sharing a few essential points on how a fresher's resume should be written.
A resume is a vital part in your job hunt since it enables you to highlight your superior skills and abilities in just a few lines of text. As a result, it's essential to pay attention to how your resume is formatted and what information you include. This blog post will provide you with suggestions on how to enhance your resume so that it can help you land your next job.
- Keep the resume to a maximum of 2 pages.
- Use short sentences with strong words.
- Maintain the same tense throughout the resume to avoid confusion.
- Formal font must be used.
- Use bulleted points instead of lengthy paragraphs
- Specify your role for which you are applying. (i.e, Assoc. Software Engineer, SDE 1)
- Start create resumes in 'docx' or 'pdf' format. Please avoid outdated versions like '.doc'.
- The resume should not have any headings such as ‘CV’ or ‘Resume’.
- Flashy fonts and colors must not be used. (Recommended :Arial or SF Pro (if you are using MacOS))
- The resume should not contain words such as ‘I’ or ‘My’.
- Drop the pronoun to make it more active. (E.g.: Campus Ambassador for ABC Company from 2017-2021 and instead of ‘I participated in Hackathon’, say ‘Participated in Hackathon)
- Avoid spelling mistakes, punctuation, and grammatical errors.
- Avoid using abbreviations
- Avoid using generic terms such as completed assigned tasks like did design, did implementation of module, etc. Instead, describe the technology involved.
- Only put the projects that you have worked on during your college days.
- Do not list the current or expected CTC in the resume.
- Avoid repeating the same or similar information.
Headings that are recommended: 👏🏻
- Education (In chronologically descending order)
- Skills (Technologies that you are very comfortable with)
- Projects ( Please include your final year project)
- Certifications (worthy, if any)
- Personal Details (DOB, Gender, Full Name and Father Name - (Please don’t include your marital status as 'Single' or ‘Committed’.😜 'Marital Status: Unmarried' -> will be fine. ))
Resume Builder - Android App 🔗 -> For those who don't own a PC.
All the best ❤🤟🏻
Meet y'all in the next article. Signing off !
வாழ்க தமிழ் ! வளர்க தமிழினம் ! 🟥🟨